Translation Formatting GuidelinesRelated Media
To support Christians around the world we, with the support of our donors, make available to you our studies on the site and our Church Discipleship Project (CDP) lessons for the free noncommerical use in your ministry. We would love for you to translate our studies/lessons into your own language and use the translations in your ministry. Our only requirement is that you acknowledge our permission and copyright http://bible.org/copyright and you send the material back to us so we can post it for others to use.
We rely on volunteer translators, so we can't pay you. But the ministry that you provide in translating studies into your language will greatly benefit your friends and neighbors in your country who don't speak English.
To make the conversion to HTML as smooth as possible, it would help if you would follow these guidelines:
For Church Dicipleship Project lessons
Email us for instructions
For Bible.org Material
- Find the study/lesson you want to translate and then send us an email telling us of your intention. You can check the list of translations which include those others are translating and make sure nobody else is already working on that study in your language.
- Download the Word document (the link to the doc file is located at the top of the study)
- Try to follow our paragraph styles as you translate. This means that you assign a Heading 1 or Heading 2 or Body Text or Quote paragraph styles to those paragraphs that we assigned those styles to. You will not be able to just start a new document in Word and have all those styles we use available to you, so you might try deleting all the text in our document and saving the empty document with a new name. Then you can start your translation in that new empty document and assigning styles because all the styles we use will still be in that empty document.
- Email us the new translation and we will convert it to HTML.
- Click on the file above to download the formatting template and instructions.
Traductores, Son Bienvenidos (Spanish)
Recherche: Traducteurs Benevoles! (French)
Ehrenamtliche Übersetzer gesucht (German)
Dibutuhkan Penerjemah Sukarelawan (Indonesian)
Si richiedono traduttori volontari. (Italian)
Potrzebni tłumacze – wolontariusze (Polish)
Kërkohen përkthyes vullnetarë (Albanian)
updated da 2/4/16