All the Stories of the Bible
This is a five book series that presents all the stories of the Bible, written in an easy to understand conversational style. Each story is presented in its simplest form and is accurate to Scripture.
* The stories are accurate to Scripture
* They are crafted so as to present only the simple understanding of the story.
* Small stories are grouped together with other events.
* Larger stories are broken into two or three units.
* Duplicate stores are blended so they only appear once.
* The stories are crafted into a "spoken" (conversational) style.
* A warning icon is placed on stories that may not be acceptable to children.
In recent years, there has been a dramatic change in how people approach learning. It is now clear they respond to a different type of teaching. Analytical logic no longer dominates teaching/learning. One aspect of this change is that people respond positively to listening and learning stories. It must be a part of the Christian educational process for adults as well as children.
Another major difference in our society is how few Bible stories people know. Bible stories were not emphasized in their homes. As children, they attended children’s programs where teachers were not taught how to tell Bible stories accurately and in an interesting way. As adults, they sat through sermons that only referred to Bible stories without telling them. Pastors simply said, “And of course, we know that story.”
BibleTelling is the rebirth of an old method of teaching the Bible. 75% of the Bible was written in a story format. 15% was written in some form of poetry. The goal of BibleTelling is to restore Bible stories to their proper place in Christian ministry.
Copyright 2011 by John Walsh, BibleTelling