19. Baby MosesRelated Media
- brown construction paper (1 sheet per person)
- small bowl or round-bottomed cup
- white paper
- small scraps of material
- children’s Bible
Setting The Stage
God looks out for us just as he did for baby Moses. As you are putting together the basket as well as making baby Moses, take the time to show each child that he or she is loved and cared for by God.
The end product will be a brown basket lined with a scrap of material and a paper doll that serves as Baby Moses. While you are working on the project you can read the story from a children’s Bible or tell it in your own words. The story is found in Exodus 2:1-10.
Details To Include When Telling The Story.
- There were so many of Joseph’s descendants, (called Hebrews) in the land of Egypt that the Egyptians decided to make them all slaves. Even so the Hebrews were still so many that the Pharaoh (not the Pharaoh from Joseph’s day) ordered all the baby boys to be killed.
- Moses was born during this time and God was looking after Moses. Moses’ mother put him in a basket and hid him in the reeds beside a river. It was not long before the Pharaoh’s daughter came down to the river to take a bath. When she heard the baby crying she fell in love with the little boy and wanted the baby to be her own son.
- Moses still got to go back to his own mother for a few years. During this time Moses’ mother taught him about God. Then it was time for Moses to go and live in the palace with the Pharaoh’s daughter.
The Way To Make The Basket And Baby.
- Cut the brown construction paper into 1 inch strips
- Weave the strips together making sure that you put a drop of glue wherever two strips touch each other.
- Follow the diagram to make the weaving easier.
- Continue the weaving until you have a large enough space to curve and form a small basket.
- While the glue is still wet curve the woven paper over the bottom of the cup or bowl.
- Cut out a small paper doll and color it to look like a baby.
- Once the glue is dry, trim the excess brown paper to give the bowl the appearance of a basket.
- Line the basket with a scrap of material and place the doll inside.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD.
While reviewing the verse talk about the plans God has for each one of you and how he will look after us just as he looked after Moses.
Thank God for looking after each one of you.