Review Questions (Session 27)
Purpose: The purpose of this session is to review the components of “The Hand.”
1. The disciple will review what has been learned of how to use your hand as a visual reminder of how to better grasp the Bible.
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing even to the point of dividing soul from spirit, and joints from marrow; it is able to judge the desires and thoughts of the heart.
1. Personal interaction with disciple — prayer and sharing.
2. Discuss the Review Questions.
At this point, encourage regular Bible study using verse analysis and
S.T.S. methods of study, as a lifestyle from this point on.
3. Review Scripture memory.
1. List four or five things that can help you be a better listener.
2. What is the most ineffective way of getting a grasp of the Scriptures?
3. How does study differ from reading?
4. What are some of the chief problems in building an ongoing satisfactory system of Scripture memory?
5. We have sought to teach you ways of meditating in Scripture. What are some of the problems inherent in meditation without Scripture?
6. Why is meditation in Scripture important?
7. What are "cross references" and why are they helpful?
8. Define and illustrate meditation.
9. Please answer this question in a global sense: Why is getting a grasp on the Scripture so terribly important?
10. React to the following statement: "I have read the Bible through a couple of times. Now I want to read something new that will bring me new challenges."
Suggested Reading: Feeding Your Soul, Jean Fleming, NAVPRESS
Related Topics: Discipleship