The Nicene Creed: Second Month—Day 15
And I believe in the Holy Spirit,
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the furthest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me;
Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will cover me,”
Even the night will be light around me.
The darkness is not dark to You,
And the night shines as the day;
Darkness and light are alike to You. (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life