The Athanasian Creed: Third Month—Day 30
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully, he can not be saved.
The Lord Jesus is the stone which was rejected by the builders, but which has become the chief cornerstone. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:11-12)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to Present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life