The Athanasian Creed: Third Month—Day 24
37. For as the rational soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ.
If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with the heart that one believes to righteousness, and it is with the mouth that one confesses to salvation. As the Scripture says, “Whoever trusts in Him will not be put to shame.” (Romans 10:9-11)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life