The Athanasian Creed: Third Month—Day 22
35. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by assumption of the manhood into God.
The Father Himself loves you because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from God. (John 16:27)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life