The Athanasian Creed: Third Month—Day 16
29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation, that he also believe faithfully the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me, I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I will lose none of all that He has given Me, but raise it up at the last day. For My Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:37-40)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life