The Athanasian Creed: Second Month—Day 27
6-7. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, is all one: the glory equal, the majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.” (Matthew 11:25-27; Luke 10:21-22)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life