Jesus Confirms Genesis
- Jn 2:1-11: Jesus’ first miracle was a creative act—turning water into wine.
- Mt 19:4-6, Mk 10:6: Jesus quotes from Genesis in support of marriage as the sacred joining of a man and a woman into one flesh with the divine purpose of procreation.
- Lk 11:51: Jesus refers to Abel as a real person.
- Mt 24:37-38 & Lk 17:26-27: Jesus confirms the flood is fact and Noah was a real person.
- Jn 5:45-46: Jesus said we should accept the “books of Moses” because Moses wrote about him. Jesus also frequently quoted Moses in all of the gospel accounts.
- Jn 8:56-58: Jesus refers to Abraham as a real historic person.
- Mk 13:19: Jesus confirms God created everything.
Related Topics: Creation