- “Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.” Lord Kelvin, President Royal Society
- “Everything that can be invented has been invented.” Charles H. Duell, Director of U.S. Patent Office, 1899
- “Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote.” Grover Cleveland, 1905
- “There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom.” Robert Milikan, Nobel Laureate in Physics, 1923
- “Who the heck wants to hear actors talk?” Harry M. Warner, Warner Bros. Pictures, 1927.
- Theoretically, television may be feasible, but I consider it an impossibilitya development which we should waste little time dreaming about. Lee de Forest, 1926, inventor of the cathode ray tube.
- I think there is a world market for about five computers. Thomas J. Watson, 1943, Chairman of the Board of IBM
- We dont think the Beatles will do anything in their market. Guitar groups are on their way out. Recording company expert, 1962