- “Its not as though Im making history or anything. I just catch fly balls.” - Willie Mays
- Sports do not build character. They reveal it.” - Heywood Hale Broun, sportswriter, quoted in MSC Newsletter
- If sports were supposed to be good for you, how come athletes are over the hill at 31? - Bill Vaughan in Kansas City Star
- A fishing enthusiast thinks that fish should bite on a fancy lure just because he did. - Quin Ryan in “Line otype,” Chicago Tribune
- Golf is flog spelled backward.
- Do you know why mountain climbers rope themselves together? To prevent the sensible ones from going home. - Durango, Colo., Herald, quoted by Earl Wilson