Ed McManus, editor of The Jokesmith newsletter, has put out a booklet of humor about folks in human resources. Its called What is a Human Resource? and in it he explains how people get assigned to particular jobs.
You leave them in a conference room for four hours. Then, you go back to see what theyre doing:
- If they dont look up when you enter the room, assign them to the Security Department.
- If theyre counting the butts in the ashtray, put them in Finance.
- If theyve taken the table apart, put them in Engineering.
- If theyre screaming and waving their arms, send them off to Manufacturing.
- If theyve left early, put them in Sales.