What Mistakes Do All Good Managers Avoid
What mistakes do all good managers avoid? James K. Van Fleet, a consultant on managerial motivation techniques, suggests the most common mistakes:
1. Trying to be liked rather than respected.
2. Not asking your subordinates for their advice and help.
3. Not developing a sense of responsibility in your subordinates, and not expecting it from your peers.
4. Emphasizing rules rather than skills among your employees, and thwarting personal talent.
5. Not keeping criticism constructive.
6. Ignoring employee complaints.
7. Keeping people uninformednot respecting their right to know.
- James K. Van Fleet