A significant church is involved in bringing people into right relationship with God and one another and with helping believers develop godly character and ministry skills. A church focused on significance will be fulfilling its primary purpose: equipping believers for service. The components to becoming a significant church are
1. Visionunderstanding where a church is and where it is going.
2. Spiritual Maturitythe development of Christian character in the personal lives of individual church members.
3. Outreachhow the church can fulfill its m;ission of reconciliation by serving, showing and telling.
4. Ministry LeadershipHow you equip individuals to help others follow Christ by acting as mentors, guides, teachers and parents.
5. Small Groupsoffer community and meeting needs, allowing more people to become actively involved in the life of the church.
6. Life-on-Life Mentoringencouraging persoanl change and application of scriptural truth through one-on-one ministry. from Church Disciple, Spring, 1997, Vol 11, No 1, The Navigators