- Someone Who Beckons, p. 34.
- The Strong Family, Bible Study Guide by C. Swindoll, p. 36.
- Living Beyond The Daily Grind, Vol. 2, Swindoll, pp. 355, 366.
How Sensitive Are You'
If your senses are working normally, you can:
- Feel on your fingertips or face a pressure that depresses your skin a bare .00004 inch.
- See a small candle flame from 30 miles away on a clear, dark night.
- Smell one drop of perfume diffused through a three-room apartment.
- Taste .04 ounce of table salt dissolved in 530 quarts of water.
- Feel the weight of a bees wing falling on your cheek from less than half an inch away.
- Distinguish among more than 300,000 different color variations.
- Gauge the direction of a sounds origin based on a .00003-second difference in its arrival from one ear to the other.
Old Mariners Chart
From an old mariners chart, drawn in 1525, on display in the British Museum in London, outlining the North American coastline and adjacent waters. The cartographer made some intriguing notations on areas of the map that represented regions not yet explored. He wrote: “Here be giants,” “Here be fiery scorpions,” and “Here be dragons.” Eventually, the map came into the possession of Sir John Franklin, a British explorer in the early 1800s. Scratching out the fearful inscriptions, he wrote these words across the map: “HERE IS GOD.”