Principles for Change
A. People must have reasons for change
1. They must see the value to them of the change
2. The plan must be understood by them
3. They must be involved in the process
B. People must be prepared for change, dont just drop it on them. Introduce the ideas/changes months ahead of time
C. People must be involved in the process of change. If people are involved in the planning stage, theyll be involved in the implementation. Therefore, dont do too much for them.
D. People must be exposed to models of change.
1. Tapes and books (Men listen to tapes, women read)
2. Evaluative experiences (experience is worthless unless you evaluate it)
3. Educational conferences and seminars
4. Expose them to infectious people