Percentages of Boredom
- Percentage in a 1985 survey who said that, aside from earning a living, the reason they work is to keep from getting bored: 54.
- Percentage in a 1989 survey who said they are sometimes or often bored at work: 41.
- Percentage in a 1990 survey who said they are generally bored by what goes on in Washington: 48.
- Percentage in a 1991 survey of 7th through 12th graders who said they are tired or bored at school: 70.
- Percentage in a 1991 survey of teenagers who said they drink alcohol because they are bored: 25.