Obstacles to Upward Communication:
- Many employees fear that expressing their true feelings about the company to their boss could be dangerous.
- The fairly wide-spread belief that disagreeing with the boss will block promotion still holds.
- There is a wide-spread conviction that management is not interested in employee problems.
- Some have the feeling that employees are not rewarded for good ideas.
- There is a lack of supervisory accessibility and responsiveness.
- The conviction is widespread that higher management doesnt take prompt action on problems.