God Can Use Us
There are many reasons why God shouldnt have called you. But dont worry. Youre in good company.
- Moses stuttered.
- Davids armor didnt fit.
- John Mark was rejected by Paul.
- Timothy had ulcers.
- Hoseas wife was a prostitute.
- Amos only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
- Jacob was a liar.
- David had an affair.
- Solomon was too rich.
- Jesus was too poor.
- Abraham was too old.
- David was too young.
- Peter was afraid of death.
- Lazarus was dead.
- John was self-righteous.
- Naomi was a widow.
- Paul was a murderer.
- So was Moses.
- Jonah ran from God.
- Miriam was a gossip.
- Gideon and Thomas both doubted.
- Jeremiah was depressed and suicidal.
- Elijah was burned out.
- John the Baptist was a loudmouth.
- Martha was a worry-wart.
- Mary was lazy.
- Samson had long hair.
- Noah got drunk.
- Did I mention that Moses had a short fuse'
- So did Peter, Paulwell, lots of folks did.
But God doesnt require a job interview. He doesnt hire and fire like most bosses, because Hes more our Dad than our Boss. He doesnt look at financial gain or loss. Hes not prejudiced or partial, not judging, grudging, sassy, or brassy, not deaf to our cry, not blind to our need.
As much as we try, Gods gifts are free. We could do wonderful things for wonderful people and still not be...Wonderful.
Satan says, “Youre not worthy.”
Jesus says, “So what? I AM.”
Satan looks back and sees our mistakes.
God looks back and sees the cross