Basis for Building Trust
These nine guidelines provide a basis for building trust in your wife and children:
1. Be an encourager. If you dont have something good to say, maybe you dont have anything to say.
2. Learn to listen to and understand the feelings behind words.
3. Demonstrate genuine interest in activities of family members.
4. Be a trusted friend to your wife and childrenthose whom you are responsible for a head of the home.
5. Clearly communicate goals and plans that affect the family members and listen to their suggestions.
6. When giving direction or correction to your children, make yourself vulnerable to them and share how you overcame the same difficulty.
7. Be openly affectionate.
8. Be consistent when you discipline.
9. Frequently and openly honor your spouse.