Where the world comes to study the Bible

Argon Gas

In May, 1983, Charlotte Huddelston died after breathing argon gas mistakenly pumped into the oxygen system at Fort McLellan’s Noble Army Hospital—making her the third victim of the mix-up.

Apparently the five-foot white tank of odorless, nontoxic argon resembled those that usually contained oxygen. Although the argon didn’t poison anyone, it displaced the oxygen supply and suffocated its victims.

Today in the Word, MBI, October, 1991, p. 28

Report Inappropriate Ad