1 Timothy 4:12
More recently, the Christian walk of Will Houghton, a preacher who became the president of Moody Bible Institute during the 1940s, played a large role in the conversion of an agnostic who was contemplating suicide. The skeptic was desperate, but he decided that if he could find a minister who lived his faith he would listen to him. So he hired a private detective to watch Houghton. When the investigators report came back, it revealed that this preachers life was above reproach; he was for real. The agnostic went to Houghtons church, accepted Christ, and later sent his daughter to Moody Bible Institute. - H.V.L.
Its What You DoNo When You Do It
- Ted Williams, at age 42, slammed a home run in his last official time at bat.
- Mickey Mantle, age 20, hit 23 home runs his first full year in the major leagues.
- Golda Meir was 71 when she became Prime Minister of Israel.
- William Pitt II was 24 when he became Prime minister of Great Britain.
- George Bernard Shaw was 94 when one of his plays was first produced.
- Mozart was just seven when his first composition was published.
- Now how about this? Benjamin Franklin was a newspaper columnist at 16 and a framer of the United States Constitution when he was 81. Youre never too young or too old if youve got talent.
Lets recognize that age has little to do with ability.