Worship CommissionRelated Media
1. The Worship Commission shall have the responsibilities for oversight of the entire ministry of worship in the church, which includes the following areas:
c. Communion Services
d. Order of Services
2. The role of education (to better prepare the mind and heart of the members for worship).
1. This commission will be staffed by the following:
a. Church Music Director
b. President of the Choir
c. Head Usher
d. Special Music Coordinator
e. Assigned Elder
2. Commission meetings will be attended by all members with the exception of the members-at-large. These are always welcome to attend also.
3. The commission chairman will be appointed by the Board of Elders.
4. The commission will appoint a secretary who will have the responsibility for maintaining proper minutes of meetings and passing on to the Council of Elders copies of same.
5. The church office is available to type the minutes if they are legibly written.
1. The assigned elder and the commission chairman will guide the direction and spiritual quality of this commission through guidance, example and prayer.
2. Suggest changes in the form and content of worship which would support the goals of the church as defined by the Board of Elders.
1. USHERING: The Head Usher is responsible to lead the men elected as ushers in a planned and well executed ushering program. He should discuss this ministry and seek evaluation from the commission. The Head Usher should actively support the commission and is to make sure the ushering job responsibilities are adequately administered.
2. ORDER OF SERVICE: Provide resources to those who have the responsibility of planning the order of service and provide guidance as to both form and content. Assist as may be needed.
3. CHURCH MUSIC: Supervise all music ministries within the church. Bear responsibility for all music purchases both of printed materials, equipment and instruments. Oversee the maintenance of all musical instruments and equipment owned by the church. Oversee the direction of the Sanctuary Choir and other choirs or groups as needed. Utilize music personnel to the best advantage of the church body. Bear responsibility of the formulation of the music and program budget for submission to the Board of Elders each year.
4. TALENT POOL: Organize a musical talent resource pool and encourage participation of those in this pool in the worship opportunities. Act as a facilitator in organizing special music groups [ie. trios, quartets, ensembles, instrumental and vocal].
5. PREPARATION OF AN ANNUAL ACTIVITIES REPORT: This will be incorporated as part of the Council of Elders' annual report to the congregation.
6. COORDINATION WITH THE CHURCH CALENDAR PLANNER FOR ALL COMMISSION RELATED EVENTS.
7. DEVELOPMENT OF AN ANNUAL BUDGET.
8. PUBLICITY OF ACTIVITIES AND PLANNED EVENTS.
Areas Needing Approval of Council of Elders:
1. BUDGET EXPENDITURES OUTSIDE OF APPROVED BUDGET: Also includes any expenditures over the established guidelines.
2. SIGNIFICANT CHANGES IN WORSHIP FORM OR CONTENT: The elder serving on this commission will judge what to include here.