Teacher PolicyRelated Media
Realizing the importance, privilege and responsibility of the teaching ministry of Sample Bible Church, teachers of all age divisions shall agree to the following requirements of Faith and Practice.
1. Have accepted Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior (John 1:12)
2. Have been baptized as a believer in Jesus Christ, and be an active member of this church (Acts 2:41-42).
3. Believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God (2 Peter 1:20-21
4. Believe teachers should be "an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity—giving attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine; for in doing this they shall both save themselves, and them that hear thee" (I Tim. 4:12-16).
1. Regularly attend, and urge members of their class to be present at the Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and special all-church services, realizing that the Sunday School and church are inseparable (Heb. 10:24-25
2. Be faithful in attendance, arriving at least ten minutes early to welcome each pupil as he arrives. If at any time through some unavoidable circumstance a teacher is unable to be present, he/she will notify the coordinator of their department as far in advance as possible (I Cor. 4:2).
3. Carefully prepare the lessons and make each class session a matter of earnest prayer.
4. Have as their highest aim to help the class members find Jesus Christ as personal Savior, to publicly confess Him, and to grow in grace and knowledge in the Lord (Ps. 126:6).
5. Visit prospects and visitors and be responsible for the absentees in their class, calling upon them in person if possible, or getting in touch with them in some other way to learn the reason for their absence (Luke 15:4-6).
6. Teach from the Word of God, using the lessons approved by the Christian Education Commission, teaching in accord with the distinctive doctrinal principles held by our church (Heb. 4:12
7. Work out and follow a plan for personal growth as a teacher by including whatever opportunities are offered by the church, such as teachers' training classes and teachers' meetings (2 Tim. 2:15
8. Cooperate with all fellow workers, serving for the greatest good of our church (Eph. 4:1-3).
9. Be loyal to the pastor and program of this church.