Trademark and Copyright Information
1- Bible.org Web Site Copyright Statement
From this site, you may download the information and use them on your computer for personal study or you can print it or use it in a multimedia presentation for yourself and others as long as you give the printed material away and do not charge for it. You must include appropriate attribution/credit on the material you extract. (see below Information to Include on copies) In this case, free means free. It cannot be bundled with anything sold, nor can you charge for shipping, handling, or anything. It cannot be posted on other websites or servers. It is provided for personal study or for use in preparation and presentation of sermons, Sunday school classes, undergraduate or seminary religion classes or other non-commercial study. This release does not apply to other media than paper printed distribution.
For free distribution of more than 1000 copies, you must obtain written permission and comply with our guidelines of content control and include copyright and organizational acknowledgments. For permission, inquire by e-mail to permissions or call. 214-580-1999
As a courtesy, if you are doing over 100 please let us know as we would like to see what else we can do to support your ministry email Permissions
Credit Lines for material
The following credit lines are to be included with the material. The suggested format is: Author, Title of the work (if known),. Copyright year [-if not known use 2006], Bible.org reprinted with permission , [Example Bob Deffinbaugh, David Joins Saul’s Family Copyright ©1996-2006 Bible.org, reprinted with permission ) .
Material from the site may not be edited (words added or deleted) without our permission.
Material from the site may not be reprinted for commercial publication or fund raising purposes without our permission.
We have had numerous requests from users to repost our studies on their own webservers, discussion boards, etc. We appreciate your vote of confidence in our studies, however, with all the web sites in the world being only one click away from our site, at the present time, we do not grant permission for our materials to be reposted on other web-sites. We're more than happy for you to place a link to any study from your site.
Electronic Access to this Material
Resources on this site (including text, audio, video and other media forms) are copyrighted materials. These resources are not shareware or public domain and may not be reposted on other websites, duplicated electronically or copied to media other than paper (eg. CD, DVD) without written permission.But as we said above "We're more than happy for you to place a link to any study or our bible study tool, Lumina, from your site."
Translation of articles on the site
We encourage anyone to translate any article off the site so we can offer it to others for study. Therefore permission is granted for you to translate the articles on the site provided you acknowledge the source and include the statement (used by permission author's name, http://bible.org Copyright ©1996-2006 All rights reserved ) and that you submit the translated material back to us so we can post it on the site for others to use. Formatting guidelines are found here.
2- NET Bible®Copyright Statement
The NET Bible is a completely new translation of the Bible with 60,932 translators’ notes! It was completed by more than 25 scholars – experts in the original biblical languages – who worked directly from the best currently available Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek texts. The translators’ notes make the original languages far more accessible, allowing you to look over the translator’s shoulder at the very process of translation.
NET BIble® Copyright
THE NET BIBLE®, New English Translation (NET)
- For verses quoted, in limited space situations the three letter abbreviation is: NET
Alternately, the following may be used:
- NET Bible®
- Please avoid: New English Translation Bible or just New English Translation
If you quote the NET Bible in your entire work in lieu of saying NET after each scripture you may include the following acknowledgement on your acknowledgement page
- " Scripture quoted by permission. All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved."
Within copyright statements or in discussion about the NET Bible, the following is preferred: Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. http://netbible.com All rights reserved.
The names: THE NET BIBLE®, NEW ENGLISH TRANSLATION COPYRIGHT (c) 1996 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. NET Bible® IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK THE NET BIBLE® LOGO, SERVICE MARK COPYRIGHT (c) 1997 BY BIBLICAL STUDIES PRESS, L.L.C. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
SATELLITE IMAGERY COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD. AND CENTRE NATIONAL D'ÉTUDES SPATIALES PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT (c) RØHR PRODUCTIONS LTD.
The NET Bible® is not a shareware program or public domain document and may not be duplicated without permission, however: The NET Bible® verse text and the NET Bible® notes, hereafter called NET Bible®, is available on the Internet at http://netbible.org. You may copy the NET Bible® and print it for others as long as you give it away, do not charge for it and comply with our guidelines for content control including current valid copyright and organizational acknowledgments. In this case, free means free. It cannot be bundled with anything sold, used as a gift to solicit donations, nor can you charge for shipping, handling, or anything. It is provided for personal study or for use in preparation of sermons, Sunday school classes, undergraduate or seminary religion classes or other noncommercial study. This release is also available to organizations like the Gideons, who may distribute millions of copies of the NET Bible® text without royalty. This release does not apply to media other than paper.
The NET Bible® verse text (no Notes) can be used by anyone and integrated into your non-commercial project or publication upon condition of proper Biblical Studies Press copyright and organizational acknowledgments as shown in item 2a. below However, for the full NET Bible® verse text and NET Bible® notes, you cannot change the format of the NET Bible® data file(s) or integrate it into or bundle it with any other software e.g. display program or bible study tool without expressed permission. For distribution of the full NET Bible® in any form other than paper, e.g. electronic, CD, DVD, you must obtain written permission and comply with our guidelines for content control and include current copyright and organizational acknowledgments. ( Note para 1.,1a and 2 below grants permission when quoting the NET Bible in non commercial and commercial publications. If you have questions feel free to email us as we have a streamlined email process to reply rapidly.)
Quoting the NET BIBLE Text- You may quote the NET BIBLE® verse text in:
1. Non Commercial Publication- The NET BIBLE® verses (without the NET Bible notes) may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, projection or audio without written permission.This permission is contingent upon an appropriate copyright acknowledgment. An appropriate copyright acknowledgment is shown in item 2a. below (for audio podcasts, streaming, etc include the acknowledgment as an audio insert)
1a. There has been a lot of interest in producing audio recordings of the NET Bible for local ministry user. Therefore a local ministry eg. Church is granted unlimited non-commercial rights to use the NET Bible text to make audio recordings. You can produce audio recordings of partial or complete books of the Bible (WORK) for free distribution on email and/or CD within the congregation, and as free MP3 downloads made available on the church website and the personal blogs of members of the church to be of benefit to the church at large. This permission is contingent upon an appropriate copyright acknowledgment on the distribution copy (website or CD) and you need to include an audio insert at the end of each recording in addition we require that you grant us permission to use your WORK and any promotional material that you use for the WORK..
2. Commercial Publication - The NET BIBLE® verses may be quoted in any form (written, visual, electronic, projection or audio) without written permission, providing the verses quoted do not amount to a complete book of the Bible, do not comprise 50% or more of the total text of the work in which they are quoted, and the verses are not being quoted in a commentary or other biblical reference work. If you want permission to use the Net Bible® text without limitations we require an email exchange with our permissions director so he can maintain a log of all entities that have unlimited rights to quote the NET Bible® text. This permission is contingent upon an appropriate copyright acknowledgment. An appropriate copyright acknowledgment printed on the CD or on the text document is shown below:
For permissions expressly not granted above inquire by e-mail permissions or write Biblical Studies Press..
2a. Scripture and/or notes quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright ©1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
for audio CDs, DVDs. podcasts, streaming, etc include the acknowledgment as an audio insert as follows: The Scriptures quoted are from the NET Bible® http://netbible.org copyright ©1996-2006 used with permission from Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
- When the NET Bible is read or used in a sermon no royalty or prior permission is needed. We do request that if projected on the screen the abbreviation (NET) is requested.
- When quotations from the NET Bible® are used in mobile apps, free apps, Internet apps or not-for-sale media, such as church bulletins, orders of service, posters, Blogs, transparencies, projection or similar media. The abbreviation (NET) must be used at the end of the quotation. For software apps with internet access the term NET must be hyperlinked to http://netbible.org.