Review Questions (Session 62)
Purpose: The purpose of this session is to review and bring into sharper focus the materials taught in the section on Bible doctrine.
1. The disciple will find that the review of this material will fix it more firmly into his mind.
2. The disciple will be able to talk about issues in this section more freely because of the review.
3. The disciple will understand the interconnectedness of the doctrines discussed in this session.
Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that everyone will see your progress.
1 Timothy 4:15
1. Mutual accountability and prayer.
2. Discuss the questions.
3. Share memory verses.
4. Discuss new terms.
1. Discuss two biblical arguments for the existence of God as fully as possible.
2. The Scripture states that God made man in His own image. What does this mean?
3. How do Mormons see the nature of God differently than evangelical Christians?
What is the essential nature of God?
4. How is the truth of the triune nature of God (the Trinity) taught in the Scriptures?
5. What is an attribute when the term is applied to God?
6. God is omnipresent (everywhere and fully present at any time). In what way does this demonstrate His superiority over Satan in the practical events of our lives?
7. Which attribute of the Father is most central? Discuss this attribute in relation to other attributes of God.
8. What is the difference between a relative and an absolute attribute of God? See if you can name or illustrate some of each.
9. We speak of the hypostatic union of Christ’s nature. What does this mean?
10. How would you defend the deity of Christ when talking to a “Jehovah’s Witness”?
11. Name some Scriptural evidences of the pre-existence of Jesus.
12. What was the relationship of Jesus and the creation of all the worlds?
13. Watchtower teachings say that Jesus was the first of all created beings. He was then the creator of everything else. This is an error, of course. How would you refute this teaching?
14. What does the teaching of the “kenosis” say about Jesus?
15. How would you demonstrate the deity of Christ? Discuss this adequately.
16. React to this statement. “The death of Jesus Christ was both tragic and marvelous.”
17. What is the meaning of the word “propitiation” as it relates to Jesus Christ?
18. React to the following statement. “God is reconciled to all men everywhere because of the death of Jesus. Now, the only reason men are condemned is not because of their sin, but because of their unbelief.”
19. Some teach the necessity of the efficiency of the atonement and therefore teach that it is limited (it is only for the elect). What do you think about this teaching?
20. In what way is the resurrection of Jesus a central factor in God’s redemptive dealings with mankind?
21. For what reason is the gender of the Holy Spirit often confused (this refers to failing to understand that He is a person)?
22. Discuss some ways the personality of the Holy Spirit is taught in Scripture.
23. What is wrong with the concept of “getting more of the Spirit”?
24. What are some of the chief ministries of the Holy Spirit?
25. In our studies of the Holy Spirit, we stated that the Holy Spirit is the member of the Godhead we are most likely to deal with in this present day. How is this true?
26. What is the difference between “human goodnesses” and the “fruit of the Spirit”?
27. What work of the Holy Spirit assures the safe-keeping of a believer?
28. What are the chief sins committed against the Holy Spirit by a believer? By an unbeliever?
29. What is an anthropomorphism?
30. How did the sin of Eve differ from the sin of Adam?
31. Discuss the more global effects of sin in the world.
32. In what way does Adam’s sin make us sinners?
33. Discuss salvation in its past, present, and future senses.
34. What is the meaning of the word “salvation” in its general sense?
35. What is the basic meaning of the word “regeneration” and how does it happen?
36. We believe the Bible teaches salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. How can this be harmonized with the emphasis on works in the book of James?
37. What are the implicit meanings of the word “repentance”?
38. To what does adoption relate?
39. React to this statement. “Repentance must have sorrow connected with it. Whenever one is sorry, repentance is assured”.
40. What part do angels play in the spreading of the Gospel?
41. React to this statement. “Whenever a believer dies, he or she becomes an angel.”
42. In a general sense, what role do angels play in the Father’s dealings with Christians today?
43. Discuss Satan’s role in the temptation of a person to sin (on a daily basis).
44. As “the god of this age,” what things is Satan most likely to be related to?
45. React to this statement. “The demon of depression is behind the depressive episodes of Christians today. If one is a Christian and depressed, he is a victim of Satan’s work.”
46. Discuss some of the things associated with the second coming of Christ to earth.
47. What is the “secret power of lawlessness” mentioned by Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2:7?
48. Elaborate on some of the happenings at the return of Christ.
49. What is the “Bema”?
50. What are some of the chief values to Christians of the compound names of Jehovah?
51. Is it possible for a Jehovah’s Witness to be saved? How about a Mormon? Or perhaps even a follower of the Unity organization?
52. What is the basic difference between Calvinism and Arminianism?
53. What is the Arian heresy?
54. Why are those other than Theistic in their world-views not able to be true Christians?
Related Topics: Discipleship