[Lesson 21] CONSUMMATION: Restoration, Part 3
And now, for the rest of the story . . .
Day One Study
Paradise Once Lost; Paradise To Be Regained
1. Read Acts 3:20-21. What did Peter assure believers about the future?
2. Read 2 Peter 3:1-13. In vs. 3-9, what attitudes will characterize the last days, particularly that of the scoffers?
3. How have you seen this prophecy fulfilled in the past 100 years?
4. What information about the future is given in 2 Peter 3:10-13?
5. Why do you think God wants to recreate the current heavens (“space,” which we call the universe) and earth into a new heavens and new earth?
Day Two Study
The Restoration Continues . . .
Revelation 19 describes Jesus’ triumphant victory over Satan and his cohorts at the end of the Tribulation.
6. Read Revelation 20:1-6 and Isaiah 9:6-7. What information is given about Christ’s millennial reign?
7. All of creation was affected by sin entering the world through Adam and Eve. Read Genesis 1:29-31—this is Paradise at the beginning. Now read Genesis 3:17-19 and Romans 8:19-22—this is Paradise Lost. Now read Isaiah 11:1-10; 65:20-25. This is a glimpse of Paradise Regained in the future. What is being restored during the millennial reign of Christ as described in Isaiah?
8. All the nations were affected by the confusion of languages at the Tower of Babel. We have seen how God restored a oneness to believers representing all nations at Pentecost through the indwelling Holy Spirit ho makes all believers part of one Body—the Body of Christ. Read the following verses to see what God will restore to all nations in the future millennial reign.
· Zephaniah 3:9—
· Zechariah 14:9—
· Philippians 2:10-11—
· Revelation 5:6-10—
Day Three Study
9. Why should the study of prophecy regarding God’s future plans for the earth NOT cause you fear? How does it give you hope?