[Found Faithful] Using This Study Guide
The Basic Study
This study guide consists of 9 lessons covering the last letter in our New Testament written by the Apostle Paul—2 Timothy. The lessons are short; most are divided into two days of study for your convenience. If you cannot do the entire lesson one week, please read the Bible passage covered by the lesson.
Process of Bible Study: Each lesson includes core questions covering the passage narrative. These core questions will take you through the process of inductive Bible study—observation, interpretation, and application. The process is more easily understood in the context of answering these questions:
· What does the passage say? (Observation: what’s actually there)
· What does it mean? (Interpretation: the author’s intended meaning)
· How does this apply to me today? (Application: making it personal) Questions identified as “To Live Faithfully” lead you to introspection and application of a specific truth to your life. You will be given opportunity to use creative means to express God’s faithfulness to you in your life’s journey.
Study Aids: To aid in proper interpretation and application of the study, five additional study aids are located where appropriate in the lesson:
· Historical Insights
· Scriptural Insights
· From the Greek (definitions of Greek words)
· Focus on the Meaning
· Think About It (thoughtful reflection)
To Be Found Faithful
Faithful = unwavering in belief, consistently loyal
We all want those closest to us—mate, family members, friends, co-workers—to remain faithful to us. What security we feel when we know their loyalty is consistent and unwavering! Faithfulness is an important character quality.
Our God is a faithful God. He is consistently loyal to those whom He loves and who place their trust in Him. God desires that we also be faithful to Him—to be unwavering in belief and consistently loyal to Him—throughout our spiritual walk. And, our God is the One Who protects and preserves that which He has entrusted to us—He enables us to live faithfully as we choose to do so. Will you choose to be found faithful by your God each and every day?