Applying Faith To FearRelated Media
The information below is a great tool to use whenever you are afraid. It will lead you to apply faith to your fear.
1. Confront it. What fears do you have right now? Think about them. The worst ones, the real ones, and the imaginary ones.
2. Ask about each one: What is my worst-case scenario? Consider just one of those fears. What is the worst that could happen? Think realistically.
3. Consider: If the worst I can imagine happens, could I handle it through the presence and power of Jesus Christ? Believers have the power of the One who created the Universe living inside of us. Can He help me get through anything? Remember Romans 8:26—the Spirit Himself is praying for us in our weakness when we don’t even know what to ask for.
4. Remember these four truths:
§ God loves me. John 3:16; Romans 5:5
§ God knows what is going on in my life. Matthew 6:31-32
§ God can do something about it. Luke 1:37; Mark 10:27
§ I can trust His goodness in whatever He chooses to do. Proverbs 3:5
5. Pray: Prayer is simply talking to God about anything and everything.
§ Thank the Lord for His presence and His goodness.
§ Ask Him for the courage and peace to ride out the storm. Where the Bible is clear, you can claim God’s promises by faith.
§ Anytime, you can ask for deliverance and protection—but you cannot hold God to promises He hasn’t made. He hasn’t promised immunity from natural calamities, illness, and troubles.
6. Live life securely in Him:
§ Take common sense precautions. Be wise in the world.
§ Trust God to show you what to do and give you strength when you are weak.
Related Topics: Curriculum, Faith