The Apostles’ Creed: First Month—Day 7
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Fight the good fight of faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. In the sight of God, who gives life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who testified the good confession before Pontius Pilate, keep this command without blemish or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in His own time. (1 Timothy 6:12-15a)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.
Related Topics: Spiritual Life