The Study Bible Commentary Series, New Testament
The Study Guide Commentary Series
The Study Guide Commentary is designed to aid your interpretive procedures in the following ways:
(1) A brief historical outline introduces each book.
(2) Contextual insights are found at the beginning of each chapter.
(3) At the beginning of each chapter or major literary unit the paragraph divisions and their descriptive captions are provided from several modern translations:
(4) The notes follow a verse-by-verse approach to interpretation.
(5) At certain points in the commentary, the printed text will be supplemented by the translations of several other modern versions.
(6) For those who do not read Greek, comparing English translations can help in identifying problems in the text.
(7) At the close of each chapter, relevant discussion questions are provided which attempt to target the major interpretive issues of that chapter.
Related Topics: Bible Study Methods