1. Read II Corinthians 11:14.
A. How might people be deceived in this way?
B. What do you think motivates Satan to work at tempting people to sin?
2. A. From the story of the violently demon-possessed man, list the various
ways his life had been ruined.
B. How do you see the possibility of ruin in those same areas today, even
if less dramatically evident?
3. A. What especially impresses you about the man after his healing?
B. Considering the people’s reaction upon seeing him, what lesson
do you take for your life?
4. A. Do you ever struggle with believing Jesus will help you in a hard
B. What have you learned that encourages you in that area?
5. Read Ephesians 4:27 and James 4:7.
A. How is it that a person gives the devil an opportunity?
B. What specific actions would you include in resisting the devil?