Purpose: The purpose of the review questions is to give a summary or overview of the section that covers “Living Out The Gospel.”
1. The disciple will be able to recall the specific problems dealt with in this section of the materials.
2. The disciple will have stimulated correct thinking in the areas covered by this section.
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit, fruit that remains, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.
1. Prayer and sharing,
2. Discuss questions
3. Discuss new terms learned through these sessions.
1. Believers are represented in Scripture in many ways that indicate the importance of modeling. What are some of the figures or pictures used to represent what a believer is to those around him in the world?
2. In what ways are believers “lights” in the world?
3. How is a believer like “salt” to the world?
4. What is an “encumbrance”?
5. Who are affected by the lives that we live?
6. What would it mean to be “put on the shelf”?
7. What does “causing a brother to stumble” mean?
8. Elaborate on some of the principles that can be used to evaluate a behavior that may not be sin.
9 What is a “spiritual gift”?
10. How does a spiritual gift differ from a natural talent?
11. When are spiritual gifts given to individuals?
12. Is it possible to have gifts that are undeveloped forever?
13. What is the difference between a permanent gift and a sign gift?
14. What is the relationship between the exercise of a spiritual gift and the practice of spirituality?
15. What is the purpose of spiritual gifts?
16. How specific is the will of God for an individual Christian?
17. What are some of the indicators of the will of God in the life of a Christian? (How can we test things we are not sure about?)
18. Name some general characteristics of the will of God.
19. What is the chief source of information concerning the will of God for a life?
20. John made a decision that reflected much prayer and introspection. He later saw that the decision was not best, although he had sought the will of God in His decision. What should John remember concerning himself? Concerning our heavenly Father? Concerning the circumstances?
Read the paper on Commitment in the Appendix
Begin reading Disciples are Made, Not Born, by Leroy Eims, Victor Books.