36. One altogether; not by confusion of substance, but by unity of Person.
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are Your judgments, and Your ways past finding out!
For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been Your counselor?
Or who has first given to You,
That You should repay him?
For from You and through You and to You are all things. To You be the glory forever! Amen. (Romans 11:33-36)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.