31. God, of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man, of the substance of his mother, born in the world.
Lord Jesus, You are the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star. (Revelation 22:16)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.