19-20. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity, to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, so we are forbidden by the catholic religion to say there are three Gods, or three Lords.
The Lord has established His throne in heaven,
And His kingdom rules over all.
Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Mighty in strength who do His bidding,
Obeying the voice of His word.
Bless the Lord, all His hosts,
You His servants who do His will.
Bless the Lord, all His works,
In all places of His dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul. (Psalm 103:19-22)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.