18. And yet not three Lords, but one Lord.
The Lord of hosts is wonderful in counsel and great in wisdom.
You are the Lord,
And there is no savior besides You.
From ancient days You are He,
And no one can deliver out of Your hand;
You act, and who can reverse it? (Isaiah 28:29; 43:11, 13)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.