11. And yet they are not three eternals, but one eternal.
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the first and I am the last;
Apart from Me there is no God. (Isaiah 44:6)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.