4. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance.
The Lord Jesus prayed these words for the unity of all who would believe in Him: “I ask that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You, that they also may be in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be perfected in one, that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them, even as You have loved Me.” (John 17:21-23)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.