and the life of the world to come. Amen.
When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy. He saved us through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that having been justified by His grace, we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:4-7)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.