the Lord, the Giver of Life,
Jesus fulfilled the words of the prophet Isaiah:
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent Me to proclaim freedom for the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set free those who are downtrodden,
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:18-19)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.