I believe in the Holy Spirit,
You did not receive a spirit of slavery again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God. (Romans 8:15-16)
- Slowly read the Scripture passage several times.
- Reflect and ruminate on the words and phrases in the text.
- Which words, phrases, or images speak most to you?
- Offer the internalized passage back to God in the form of a personalized prayer of adoration, confession, renewal, petition, intercession, affirmation, or thanksgiving.
- What word or image encapsulates the spirit of the passage for you?
- Take a few minutes to present yourself before God in silence and yieldedness. When your mind wanders, center yourself by returning to the spirit of the passage.