- It is easier to cry against one-thousand sins of others than to kill one of your own. - John Flavel
- When the will of God crosses the will of man, somebody has to die. - Addison Leitch, quoted in Passion and Purity, Elizabeth Elliot, Revell, 1984, p. 72
- What hindereth thee more than thine affections not fully mortified to the will of God? - Thomas a Kempis, Imitation of Christ
- “May not a single moment of my life be spent outside the light, love and joy of Gods presence and not a moment without the entire surrender of my self as a vessel for Him to fill full of His Spirit and His love.” - Andrew Murray
- Quarterback cum ESPN commentator Joe Theismann, allegedly explaining to his soon-to-be-ex second wife why he had an affair: “God wants Joe Theismann to be happy.” - Joe Theismann
- “God, make me good, but not yet.” - St. Augustine
- D. L. Moody once said, Ive had more trouble with D. L. Moody than any other man Ive ever known. Thomas a Kempis said, Be not angry that you cannot make others as you wish them to be, since you cannot make yourself as you wish yourself to be. - Harold L. Myra, “The Back Page,” Leadership, 1987, p. 146.