- 56% say a good person can earn their way into Heaven
- 44% say if a person does not consciously accept Christ as savior, they will be condemned to Hell
- 44% say all people experience the same outcome after they die, regardless of their religious beliefs
- 34% say there are some sins that God cannot forgive
- 31% believe that Hell is a literal, physical place, 37% say it is separation from God
- 39% say it doesnt matter what faith you embrace because they all teach the same lessons
- 53% contend that if a person is good enough, or does enough good things for other people, they will earn their way into Heaven. One-third of all born again Christians (34%) accept this notion.