The Book of Judges Vs. the Book of Joshua
|Spiritual vision||Earthly emphasis|
|Fidelity to the Lord||Apostasy from the Lord|
|Sense of unity||Declension, anarchy|
|Sin judged||Sin lightly regarded|
Cycle of Men and Nations
Labeling it a “birds eye view of the cycle of men and nations,” one historian has summarized history in this way:
(1) from bondage to spiritual faith.
(2) from spiritual faith to great courage.
(3) from courage to liberty.
(4) from liberty to abundance.
(5) from abundance to selfishness.
(6) from selfishness to complacency.
(7) from complacency to apathy.
(8) from apathy to dependency.
(9) from dependency back to bondage.