What Is Your Style of Evangelism?
A true heart of compassion will let those on the way to destruction know they can escape, but the only escape is through Jesus Christ. We need to tell people theyre in trouble with God and that God alone has provided a way to escape.
But How? Do we all have to share the same way? No, the unbelieving world is made up of a variety of people: young, old, rich, poor, educated, uneducated, urban, rural, with different race, personalities, values, politics, and religious backgrounds.
Its going to take more than one style of evangelism to reach such a diverse population!
So what is your style?
1. Confrontational" (Acts 2) Repent and be baptized, save yourselves from this corrupt generation.
2. Intellectual" (Acts 17) Paul debated with the philosophers on Mars Hill to convince them.
3. Testimonial" (John 9) One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!
4. Relational" (Mark 5) Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you.
5. Invitational" (John 4) The Samaritan woman at the well begged the people of the city to come and hear Jesus for themselves.
6. Serving" (Acts 9) Dorcas impacted her city by doing deeds of kindness. Dont ever think youre a second class Christian because you dont proclaim Christ like Peter or Paul. Discover your own method. Then get out of your chair and use it, for the Glory of God. Live by faith, not fear!!!