Questions Before Saying “Yes” to a New Opportunity
Elaine Brown, in an article published in Discipleship Journal, asks us to consider the following seven questions before saying “yes” to a new opportunity:
1. Will my spouse and children be adversely affected if I say “yes” to this?
2. Is this new opportunity likely to place undue stress on my mind, emotions, and/or body?
3. Am I fully aware of all that is involved in this commitment?
4. Could this new opportunity undermine my effectiveness in already existing commitments?
5. Will this opportunity enable me to use my God-given spiritual gifts and natural talents?
6. Would it be better for someone else to do this?
7. What are my motives for considering this opportunity'