Practice Sharing Your Personal Testimony
- Write out your testimony, using the three-point outline. Practice reading it aloud several times.
- Ask a person you know to allow you to share it with him or her.
- Ask God to guide you to a person with whom you can share.
- Introduce your testimony by saying, “May I share with you the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me? It changed my life!”
- In concluding your testimony, ask, “Has this kind of experience happened to you?”
Below is a sample worksheet for preparing your personal testimony.
My Salvation Testimony
“May I share with you the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me?”
1. My life before receiving Christ:
2. How I received Jesus Christ:
3. How Jesus Christ makes my life meaningful:
“May I share with you how something like this can happen in your life?”
My Recovery Testimony
“May I share with you something that means so much to me?”
1. My life seemed fairly normal until . . .
2. I discovered hope and help in Jesus when . . .
3. I am glad I have a personal relationship with Jesus today because . . .
“May I share how something like this can happen to you?”